EE- Sign Help and Troubleshooting

Do you have questions or are you stuck somewhere in the EE-Sign process? Find your answers here.

Exempt Edge avatar
Written by Exempt Edge
Updated over a week ago

Error Messages

User: I am seeing an error message pop up when trying to complete my signature request

EE: This error typically happens when users have an already active session open under one user (userone@email.com) and then try to sign a EE-Sign request for a different user (usertwo@email.com) without logging out first.

Only one user can complete an EE-Sign request at a time, ensure users log out before trying to complete any other signers requests.

Audit Log IP address is not my location

This is quite common as the IP is usually bonded to the Internet Service Provider (ISP), like Shaw, Bell or Rogers etc. If you don’t have a dedicated IP address, these companies can change your IP at any time . The IP lookup is usually reflecting your ISP’s location, rather than your physical computers location.

Investor Portal Statuses

User: My investor has completed their EE-Sign request, but the status of that request in their investor portal still shows as "In Progress." Why is that?

EE: This is the status of ALL tags with the EE-Sign request. If this shows as "In Progress" for your investor, it means there are other signers still required to complete their requests.

The Preview within the Investors portal is the "Live" preview. They will be able to see the outstanding tags

Expired email links

Once you have sent the document to the investor to be signed, they will have 72 hours to click on the secure link they received in the email. After 72 hours, you are able to send them a 'Remind' email (found in the 'Documents for Signing' table in the EE-Sign tab of the investor profile).
If the document is an OTC application, you will be unable to send a reminder email like you can for regular documents. In this case, you will need to start the process over again by filling out their account information in order for another application document to be sent.

Email not being delivered to investor

Have the investor first check their 'Spam' email folder, as sometimes these emails can be mistakenly marked as spam by the user. The server will block the emails from being delivered in this case. The investor will have to unblock or whitelist any Exempt Edge email address that might message them in order to receive communication.
The investor will still have access to the document via their Investor Portal and can always log into their portal to sign.

Related articles

Did this answer your question?